Our Biblical Foundation Christian Counselor
At Battle for Your Life, we believe in the supremacy and sufficiency of God and His Word. We believe every word of Scripture is God-inspired and therefore a key tool for how God’s power is released in the lives of His children.
This conviction forms the very foundation of our Christian counseling services. God’s Word informs our methods and leads us to apply and prescribe Scripture, rely completely on the Holy Spirit, and acknowledge and engage in Spiritual Warfare.christian Christian Counselor
The Sufficiency of Scripture
Our counselors will confidently lead you to Scripture and help you apply it to your specific struggle. We do this because we know the sufficiency of God’s Word and have witnessed its transformative power in the lives of our clients.
As 2 Timothy 3:16 and Hebrews 4:12 tell us, God’s Word is:
- Relevant for your life, circumstances, and struggles
- Penetrating, cutting through all confusion and reaching to the very root of the problem
- Revealing, exposing the true attitudes and thoughts of the heart
- Instructive, providing teaching and training you need for your situation
- Corrective, offering true, Godly, loving correction to destructive attitudes and habits
God’s Word, when believed and applied, becomes a surgical scalpel wielded with precision and power to produce a life-saving change in individuals, couples and congregations.
Rely on the Holy Spirit
Scripture also teaches us that we have a great Advocate and Counselor, the Holy Spirit (John 15:26). Scripture and experience confirms that the Spirit:christian Christian Counselor
- Gives life (John 6:64, Rom 8:2, 10)
- Reveals truth (John 14:17, 16:13)
- Gives wisdom (Acts 6:10)
- Reveals the Father’s will (John 16:13, Rom. 8:26-27)
- Frees you from sin, addiction, bondage (Rom 8:15)
- Empowers you to live rightly (Rom 8:4-5, 13)
- Purifies hearts (Rom 2:29)
- Produces fruit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control (Rom 14:17, Gal 5:22)
- Encourages us (Acts 9:31)
Basically, the Holy Spirit knows and reveals the truth, wisdom, and will of God, making Him our truest and best Counselor.
Furthermore, He alone also has the power to transform believers increasingly into Christ-likeness by empowering them to follow God’s revealed will, making Him our best Advocate and Trainer.
This is why we rely on the counsel and power of the Holy Spirit to inform every counseling client, couple, and congregation.
Acknowledge the Fight
The Bible also teaches us that all of life’s battles, whether emotional, physical, or spiritual, are rooted ultimately in spiritual warfare. We must acknowledge:
- Our adversary: scripture teaches us that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but is a spiritual battle against our adversary, Satan who eagerly seeks to destroy us (Ephesians 6:12, 1 Peter 5:8).If we do not acknowledge who our enemy truly is, we can focus our anger and efforts in the wrong place. We can also miss how the lies of the enemy have warped our own attitudes and hinder us from healing and victory.
Our weapons: scripture also teaches us what our true and powerful weapons are. They are not earthly weapons, but rather they are:
- the armor of God (Ephesians 6:13-18)
- the Word of God (the Sword of the Spirit) (Ephes 6:17, Hebrews 4:12, 2 Tim 3:16)
- the Gospel of Jesus (Romans 1:16)
- the name of Jesus (Acts 3:16, 4:30, 16:18, Phil 2:10)
- the blood of Jesus
- the Holy Spirit
If we try to approach our battles, whether emotional, physical, relational, or spiritual, by earthly means, we will not get to the root of the problem and cannot truly achieve victory.
This is why our counselors will train you how to use the weapons that God has freely given you so that you can fight victoriously.
No matter what type of struggle you are facing, whether inward, physical, or spiritual, and whether it involves only you, your marriage, or your congregation, it is ultimately rooted in spiritual warfare.
Our counselors are here to help you apply the powerful Word of God and rely on the true and transforming power of the Holy Spirit to identify the schemes of the enemy at work in your life and gain victory for your life with the weapons God has provided.
It is this Biblical foundation and understanding of our human struggle that helps our clients achieve true transformation and victory in their lives.